Monday, June 8, 2009

Vacation...Day 3 - Out Shopping and at the Pool

After our busy days out and to the zoo, Christi and I thought we would take Sunday to relax and just do whatever we felt like. I just wanted to make sure that we got down to the pool b/c I'd been telling them that we'd go swimming forever (their only "swimming" experience comes in the crowded bathtub by putting their head back....lol).

We ALL slept in until 9:00! We almost missed the buffet breakfast that ended at 9:30....
After breakfast, we got everyone into their swim trunks and swim vests to go down to the pool! I couldn't wait to get them down there....I just wanted to see how they'd react and if they'd attempt to kick and blow bubbles, etc. Well, I have to say that overall they loved it....Ella was the most clingy, doing very little away from Christi or I. Logan liked bouncing and kicking, but was mostly cautious. Surprisingly, Paulie was the most active - trying to put his face in the water (unsuccessfully trying to blow bubbles!) and trying to kick out his legs to splash!


The rest of the day was relatively low-key as we decided that we couldn't hang out in the room for the rest of the day till dinner, so we took off to the Ikea shopping area to get out. The only real story from shopping is the elevator rides in the hotel. I taught the kids to jump in the elevator to see if they hit the ceiling and they loved it! It was really funny to watch them b/c the movement made them fall over and over and over : )

Dinner at Big Jim's (seen on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives) was disappointing overall. The food was good, but the place was not clean and the service was slow. I guess that place qualifies as a "dive" :) Here is a video from when we returned from dinner that night...the kids were still in the mood to burn off some energy with sneak attacks on each other!


Anyway, the day turned out well and virtually ended our vacation. Monday was Christi and my 7-year anniversary and we celebrated by spending time with the kids (obviously) and driving home....then I did some yardwork/landscaping as my gift to Christi : ) I know, I know....how romantic! lol

No comments: