Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Masculinity of Ducks


Am I wrong in thinking that a duck Halloween costume is not nearly as cool and hip as a monkey? Or even a hippo? Christi and I had a debate over the masculinity of one of the triplets' costumes (Paulie's - see pictures) for their trick-or-treat adventure tonight.
**In all actuality, looking at the pictures again - the costume may not be a duck, but in fact be a baby chick....but the point remains.**
All that I'm saying is that 17 years from now, we may be dealing with some child-parent resentment issues over Paulie seeing these pictures posted at his graduation party (not to mention the fact that I'm attaching them to this widely-read blog!). Don't get me wrong, I think he's incredibly cute in it and I will put him back in it next week when we go back out : ) But that being said, I can see the argument coming from him several years from now!

We had a great time trick-or-treating with my mom and Aunt Julie helping walk the babies around. The retail plaza that my mom's personal training studio (www.bfit4less.net) is in held a Halloween event to hand out candy for local families. There was a pretty good turn-out and the triplets were a popular diversion from the ghosts and draculas : )

No comments: